The following instructions apply to creating a data table for storing data captured from a specific form or survey.
Before creating the data store table for a new survey or form, you must first create a new page and the survey or form on that page.
Creating the Data Table
- Under the green ADMIN tab, click on the TABLE CREATION link.
- Enter the table name under Choose Table Name.
NOTE: All table names will be prefixed with an "EXT_". This will be automatically done. Use only alphabetic letters for the table name and eliminate all special characters and spaces.
- The next item on the screen is a drop-down menu (Choose a Form) of all the current forms/surveys that have been created within your web site. Select the name of the form/survey that should be associated with the data table you are creating.
NOTE: To verify the name of the form/survey you need, return to the page within the site that contains the form/survey associated with the table, and open the Edit Widget to view 'Name'.
- Click on the Create button to create the new table.
NOTE: The "Reset Fields" button will reset all fields in the window back to their default status.
If the table was successfully created, you will receive the following message, including links to go back and to close the window.
If you choose a table name that has already been created, it will display a message "Table has already been created!" Click "Go Back" and re-name the table to something different.
Adding Table to Form/Survey
- Return to the site content section of the ProfitSuite application by clicking on the green CONTENT tab.
- Under the Widgets tab on the right hand side of the application, click on the Form folder to open it.
- Find the form/survey to which you need to add the new data table and click on the link. This will open the properties window for this form/survey.
- Scroll to the bottom of the properties window to the Database Connection and Database Table Name fields.
- To associate the form/survey with the newly created data table
- Check the Database checkbox.
- Type in "lvedc" for the Database Connection
- Type in the table name you entered in Step #2 of Creating the Data Table (above).
NOTE: This information can be added when creating the form/survey page if you know what you will call the table in Step 2 of Creating the Data Table.
- Click OK to re-save the widget; it will now insert data into the table once it is published.
- Publish the page that contains the form/survey Widget.
Downloading Data from the Table
- On the Survey and Forms page within the site tree, right-click to add a new page.
- Under Title, name the page, using a name specific to the survey/form just created.
- Select "Download template" under Template drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Open the new page.
- Under the Widgets tab on the right hand side of the application, right-click on the Download File folder and select New Widget.
- In the Widget Properties window, name the widget using a name specific to the survey/form just created.
- Click on the Select Table link; within this window, select the name of the table you entered in Step #2 of Creating the Data Table and close the window.
- Adjust Download, Delimiter, and Header options, as necessary, and Click OK to close the properties window.
- Drag the new download widget onto the Replace icon on the newly created download page for this survey/form.
- Return to the Survey and Forms page within the site tree and add a link to the newly created download page for this survey/form.
- Publish both the Survey and Forms page and the newly created download page for this survey/form
- Once the data collection timeframe for the survey/form is complete, go to the Survey and Forms page on the live site, click on the link to the specific download page, and then right-click on the survey to download the data table.