You can broadcast content to all or any subset of memebers registered in the Profiler system. The Groups tab allows you to filter members according to specific groups or values stored in the profiler database.
Selecting a Group
After clicking on a group box, the box will becomed higlilighted and only members of the selected group(s) will appear on the right side of the interface. Selecting groups in this way determines who will receive the email. When this selection is made it changes the recepiants of the email immediately, clicking the OK button is not necessary for these changes to take effect.
When you make one or more group selections, all the profiler users in those groups will be displayed on the right. Clicking on a user's email address takes you to the Edit Profiler Member page for that user (but make sure you click the OK button to save changes to your email before clicking on one of these links).
Selecting one or more groups allows broadly determines who will receive the email. More specific email targeting is provided by filtering these members.
Regardless of what group(s) you have selected you may further refine the member list by setting query rules. Clicking "Filter Query" provies the following form (not populated):
In the above form the logic is not correct, so do not copy it. It is there to show the position of all the possible icons. You'll see the following icons on the filter form (these are enlarged):
These are the various buttons you will need to use to create your filter. They represent logical equations that each member record must meet in order to be included in the email list. Clicking the plus icon will allow you to add conditions. For filters which are more complicated, you may need to link or separate conditions. Linked conditions behave as if paranthesis have been placed around those conditions in the logic equation.
Clicking on "AND" changes it to "OR" and vice versa. This applies to the condition directly preceeding the row containing the symbol and the row.
The fields shown in the select box shows all the default profiler fields for all users as well as any meta fields which are included in those groups. For more information on this, please see Group Metadata.
The Comparison select box shows how the profiler field on the left should be compared to the value in the text box on the right. The possible comparisons are:
- Equal To - The value in the profiler field exactly matches the value on the right (case sensitive)
- Not Equal To - The value in the profiler field is any value other than the value on the right (case sensitive)
- Contains - The value in the profiler field contains at least one instance of the value on the right (case sensitive)
- Less Than - The value in the profiler field comes before the value on the right (alphabetically or numerically)
- Greater Than - The value in the profiler field comes after the value on the right (alphabetically or numerically)
Creating a Query
- Click on Filter Query.
- Click on the plus sign on the top right of the pop-up.
- Select the field you would like to filter on.
- Select the Comparison of the Field to Value.
- Enter a Value for that comparison.
- Repeat for each field you would like to filter on.
- Click the OK button.
PREVIOUS: Creating an Email
NEXT: Troubleshooting Email Issues