Creating a Workflow
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Click on Workflow Models.
You will see a screen similar to the following:
- Click on New Workflow.
- A new Untitled Workflow will appear in list.
- Click on the Untitled Workflow.
- Click on the Properties tab.
- Enter a new Title for the Workflow.
- Enter a Description if necessary. This description will never appear outside of the cms.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Roles tab.
- Check the green boxes next to the roles this Workflow should apply to. These roles will be available in notification and approval steps in the workflow model.
- Click on the Workflow tab.
- Select a Step from the pulldown on the top-right of the window.
- Click on New.
- The Step's properties window will open.
- The available steps on most installations are: Approval, Notify, and Publish.
- Approval: Sends an email to the users in the selected group and waits for them to approve or reject the page. This step is blocking, in other words, the workflow will stop until the users in the selected group either accept or reject the page submitted to this workflow.
- Notify: Sends an email to the selected users
- Publish: Automatically publishes the page once this step is reached.
- For more information, see Workflow Steps.
- Complete the Step's properties if applicable.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Step's arrows on the right to adjust the order of the Workflow items.
|Note: You will require Administratoe priviledges to access Workflow model editing.|