- Click on the sign on the Template Panels title bar.
- Complete the fields on the New Template form.
The Name will be used as reference in the template panel and when adding new pages.
Use this field to enter a Description for your own use.
- Browse for Template File (optional)
Click on Browse... to select a Dreamweaver template to import. If this is not selected the an empty template will be created.
- Asset Folder
Use this pulldown to select a location where template Assets will be uploaded to. This ensures that any asset within the template is available during publishing.
- Click Save to proceed to the next step.
- The template will be saved and will automatically direct you to upload assets.
- Under the Missing Assets head you will be presented with Browse fields for any assets linked from the template.
- Click on the Browse... button to find the assets named next to the Browse... button. Repeat this for each missing asset.
- Click on Save Changes to begin uploading the new assets. Depending on the count and size of the assets the time may vary, so be patient and don't click twice.
- You have now created a template and will be directed to the Template Properties tab.
- At this point, you should begin defining placeholders and default widgets. See Placeholders for more information.